View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 PM

Jake,

Yes, a person who had already purchased that stock would certainly be happy if a person went on CNBC to tout it and it apreciated in value because of the recommendation. But that is not what happened with the Ruth card and you (and others) don't seem to understand this. The Ruth card didn't sell and THEN the auction was outed, the Ruth card was still up for grabs when the info came out about it.

This would be like YOU doing research on a stock and putting in a market order tonight and going to bed feeling happy about the potential profit you were about to make because of the effort YOU had put in and THEN finding out tomorrow morning that you DIDN'T get the stock at the low price you thought you were going to get it at because at 9:15 A.M., an analyst went on CNBC and touted it as a raving buy because of whatever reason.

Vintagetoppsguy,

If a person were interested in this Ruth card and thought it was flying under the radar and was, thus, under-priced, WHY for Heaven's (or Pete's) sake would they come on this board and out it? Why wouldn't they just keep quiet until AFTER the auction had ended?

T206dk,

"cry-babies .....man !!! these are baseball cards guys....not stocks,bonds,gold,real estate,or anything with real value. A card in an outed auction is only worth what someone is willing to pay. I , unfortunately could not trade the chevy dealer up the road some T206 hall of famers for a new car. he told me I had to have real money."

Really? Cry babies? These cards are NOT stocks, bonds, gold, real estate or anything with real value?

WOW!!!!!

Let me ask you this? If you wanted to buy this card and had the choice of paying $4,000 dollars or $10,000 dollars which would you choose? Would YOU be upset if for some reason somebody else caused you to pay the additional $6,000 dollars?

If you OWNED this card which would you rather have, the $4,000 or the $10,000? In either case, that $6,000 dollars IS REAL MONEY!!!!!

If I had $10,000 to spend on cards and could buy this Ruth I would be happy if I only had to pay $4,000 dollars for it. Because that would mean I had $6,000 dollars to spend on OTHER cards.

If I OWNED this Ruth, I would be happy if the price jumped from $4,000 dollars to $10,000 dollars because that would mean I HAD an extra $6,000 dollars to go to the car dealer and buy a car with.

Finally, for those who don't think outing an auction is such a big deal because, in the end, the seller gets more money for what they are selling, do YOU pay full price at a business when THEY are having a sale? I mean, YOU wouldn't pay less for something that a business is selling because if you did that would mean that business wasn't getting as much money as they should be getting.

David