View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan73 View Post
Probably Eckstein as well! Heck of a player and he was obviously a huge part of the Cardinals 2006 World Series win.

I am not sure how much of an overachiever he was but Rex Hudler certainly gave 100% every time I watched him play.

I think you have to also look at guys like Jose Altuve & Dustin Pedroia who had to over come the fact that they were "to small" and have proved that you can be an All-Star player no matter how small you are.

I would certainly look at a guys Jim Abbot, Pete Gray, Curtis Pride, Jim Eisenreich & William Hoy who were able to overcome disabilities and make it to the majors. I am sure there are many others I am forgetting here.

All of the players you mentioned are favorites of mine. Personally, I'm a big guy, but I do appreciate the might-mites!

My favorite modern player was Billy Wagner - who muscled it up there with the biggest of them.

/

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 01-20-2019 at 01:33 PM.