View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 03:06 PM

Default JimStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepony View Post
I take it you're not buying
I'm buying stronger than I've ever bought (which tells me something) and selling too , but I'm also a realist. When I started collecting NO ONE speculated as to value and future. Ty Cobb checks were $35.00 , Babe Ruth Autographs were $50.00 (if you were lucky) then it grew from there and the "investors" entered the hobby ....I'm an autograph dealer and in the last few years for the first time EVER I have seen some prices come DOWN. Some have gone up yes but overall stable , the question was ...for the future , and since most of the hard core baseball fans that breathed the sport are approaching the autumn of their years (including me) and most new sports fans could care less unless its to buy something and "flip it" for a profit the eventual crash seems inevitable ...combine that with the fact that most American's are struggling to pay their bills .......tells me the first major downturn WHICH WILL happen , we'll see most of the major players invent a new investment strategy.

Or worst case ...if you listen to the news and look at the National debt might force most collectors to trade those precious collectibles for a roof over their heads and a warm place to sleep. Its reality

Selling vintage autographs
stinsonsports.com