View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 10:26 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
People don't need to think it, because it is true. I have been downsizing my collection. I have been able to get far more for nice condition cards graded than ungraded. I had only graded 1 card prior to 4 years ago when I started downsizing, but I refuse to throw away money selling for pennies on the dollar while someone else makes two or three times their money.
Yes, unfortunately that has been the case in recent years. But this thread focuses on what will happen moving forward. The extent of the TPG's ineptitude is just beginning to be revealed, and this is only the tip of the iceberg. Moser alone has been submitting altered cards for grading for over 15 years, and nobody knows how widespread they really are. There are likely countless others that have never been (and never will be) revealed. Serious doubt has been cast in all of our collections.

The TPG's level of arrogance and denial was made very apparent in PSA's recent Letter to collectors. They care only about profits... not the good of the hobby. So hopefully the word will spread outside of these forums. Hopefully Law Enforcement will take notice, and actually do something along the lines of Mastro/Legendary/Rogers. Those of us who are focused on integrity can only boycott these entities and try to deliver the message to a far wider audience. Money should not be the only factor driving the hobby.

That said... Nothing is likely to change.