View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Chris and net54,

Here is a recent acquistion that I'm real proud to own:

The only known extant season pass/ ticket to Christy Mathewson's first of two career no-hitters. On July 15, 1901 Matty no-hit the St. Louis Cardinals 5-0 at Robison Field (League Park) in St. Louis.

To put things in perspective, this was only the 2nd no-hitter thrown in the 20th century and the first to be thrown in the Senior League (NL). Reportedly only about 5,000 attended this historic game.

I'd like to mention two other things that make this pass particularly interesting.
1) This pass was issued to a Mr. Bryan Snyder of the Frisco Railway. After doing some research I found that Snyder was the one in charge of transporting the Cardinals by train to other competing cities.
2) The pass was signed in vintage fountain pen by team President Frank deHass Robison which was the early owner of the Cardinals as well as the Cy Young era led Cleveland Spyders.

The unbelievable condition of a season ticket pass that's over 110 years old speaks for itself.

Here are pictures of both sides of the pass and Matty in his prime. Enjoy!
Awesome Scott! Don't get me wrong, I like cards but this kind of stuff is a real piece of baseball history.

I believe we will see a pretty sizeable increase in ticket collectors over the next ten years. There are just so many reasons to collect them. Wouldn't it be cool to collect a certain season from your favorite team and try to collect all the games?

I became a Dallas Cowboys fan in 1977, maybe I will try to collect all of those games.