View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Can you point to one statement on the protest that has anything to do with protesting the flag or the military? I have not read a single statement that even touches on those topics except to expressly state those topics are not related to the protest.
I'm sorry, let me bold and italicize this for you so it's easier to see.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." - Colin Kaepernick on why he knelt for the Anthem.

The military aspect is an understood connection. The Flag moves with the last breath of each individual who died protecting it. The Flag represents the freedoms many gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect. Not sure what else the Flag could mean to you.

Numerous players have said they are with Kaepernick, and support his "goal". If this had nothing to do with the Flag, why would they kneel for the Star Spangled Banner, yet stand for God Save the Queen?

Again, I can't be political on here, but many of us feel this is more of an attack on our country than it is an attempt to better our already great society. Otherwise, you would probably see these players working in places like the south side of Chicago to help better those communities and relations.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 09-29-2017 at 02:39 PM.