Thread: AH Catalogs
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 10:58 AM
Brian Dwyer

I've heard from many people that REA catalogs are the exception to the rule and they prefer to continue to receive them because of the great reference and resource the catalog can be, but as a reminder, if someone wants to be removed from the catalog mailing list for one reason or another, all you have to do is email us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
I think they just did a big sweep of their mailing list and cut anyone who hasn't bought anything in x # of years, myself included. I know several other guys have mentioned not getting one either. Can't say I blame them.
This is partially true. Anyone that has placed a single bid on any item since 2003 continues to receive a catalog. This does not have to be a winning bid, but just a participation bid. We have stopped sending catalogs to people who were on our list but have not bid once in 14 years. If they're interested in the catalogs as a resource, they can request one each auction and we'll send it out, but we've decided after many years that collectors should show some continued interest in order to receive the catalog. Conor, you fall into the at-least-one-bid category, so you should have received it. Please let me know if you want a catalog as a reference or confirm that we have your proper mailing address for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
Perhaps it is my age but I love the printed catalogs! I did not receive the last REA catalog, if anyone is throwing theirs away I will gladly pay the postage and your time for it.
Mike, you did not receive a catalog because you're not a registered bidder. You've only ever requested the free catalog, which we are happy to send, but you have to request them each auction or sign up and bid to stay on the list. If you want one from fall, let me know and we can send one out to you.

Brian