Thread: Snipe services
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Default Snipe services

Posted By: Jim VB

All,

Thanks for the responses. I, too, have been using Gavelsnipe. Their Customer Service response to me is that they know they need to add more servers and are doing so. However, it has now happened on six of my last 300 or so snipes. These items were insignificant, but I don't want to wait for them to miss an important item. I will look into some of the others.

Matt,

The same three bidders were sniping all four auctions. They took turns winning the first three, so I had a pretty good picture of both of their snipe habits. My price was set 3-4 times what the auctions actually went for. (Again, not big dollars, but their snipes were in the $20-25 range. Mine were much higher.) Of course there was some risk. Don't be misled. That's not my real concern. My concern is a snipe service that can't communicate with Ebay, and doesn't seem to react to my complaints.

Mark T.,

I realize that could happen on any auction, but it did not in this case. Because there were four items and the same three bidders, I can see how high the losers were bidding. I see a guy, who got sniped on the first two auctions, adjust and win the third one. He then got sniped by me on the fourth item, allowing me to see both underbidders prices. I have no problem if I get outbid. I have a huge problem when I don't get to play.