View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 04:34 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Another mystery....Lou Criscione's bobber book shows only three teams to ever have a bat on the player's left side...KC, Angels and a Cubs black face. Again, if all dolls were shipped from Lego to Japan, wouldn't it stand to reason that the left bat was seen in all (or most) teams? I would have thought Japan would get "raw" dolls and just paint and decal them according to demand.

Although only 50-60 years old, I think nodders are hugely undervalued and underappreciated. They are very fragile and many got blown up with firecrackers (by kids like me). In my mind, they were the coolest things sold at souvenir stands in the past 60 years. In the "Hey, pennant guys" thread, we have dissected pennants (ad nauseum). With our collective knowledge, we have solved many mysteries as to when, where and by who pennants were made. I'd love to expand my nodder knowledge to the same degree.
We need a "Kyle" for Nodders, I suppose...

The best bet might be to get John Brey (All Doll Auction) or Tim Hunter (if he's still around) signed up to net54. I know that John is incredibly well-versed and knowledgeable in every aspect of Bobblehead collecting. Same for Tim, but he seems to have permanently exited the hobby.

It would actually be great to get either of them aboard, as they'd bring a wealth of knowledge to the forum.