Thread: authentic grade
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Default authentic grade

Posted By: James Gallo

I don't mind the Authentic grade, what I would like to see is something added saying way it was authentic. Sure you can assume most would be trimmed if they otherwise looked nice but how hard would ut be to add a little TR to the flip....

As for the hand cut cards well you are going to get a ton of feedback on that and there are a lot of people that feel a hand cut card should never have a grade and only have the authentic label.

The way I see it is if a company can tell that card was not cut recently then the card should be able to get a grade.

If I buy a uncut strip and cut them up the cards should only be able to get an Authentic grade. I believe there would be some toning to the sides of the cards if they were cut years ago.

As for when the cut off period should be, I would say that if the edges of the card have toning then it can get a grade, if not they were cut to recently and should not get a number grade.

The problem I see with this is that it will add a lot of work into grading these cards and i doubt the companies want the additional work load especailly when they seem over worked as it is especially PSA.

I think every card in a authentic holder should have some additional note on it. What if a card was not trimmed but had ink added. Without a note oen might assume trimmed but that would not be the case and the ink may bother people more then a trim would.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.