View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Conducting auctions on the B/S/T

What is all this bickering about ? I don't see anything deleterious, regarding anyone conducting a "mini-auction" on the B/S/T.
Give us a break....one little ungraded T206 (or two) that might sell for less than $20 each; and, a big controversy arises !

It reminds me of a similar experience I had (on a grander scale) at the Philly Show about a dozen years ago. I decided to part
with a 1915 Cracker Jack set (complete with all 176 cards). The condition of this set was all over the place; but, the Cobb,
Johnson, Matty and Joe Jackson were at least Vg. I really could not figure what to price it at. So, instead of selling it outright,
I decided to conduct an auction at my booth.

Of course, this set generated a huge amount of interest. And, several customers were ticked-off at me for doing this. Conversely,
many others participated in my auction. And, we had a lot of fun doing it. I was happy with the results. So was Terry Knouse (the
winner) happy with his purchase.

My point here is....I guess I'll never understand those who do not appreciate the benefits of "free market capitalism".....

T-Rex TED