View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 04:10 AM
Bill Gregory

Joey, this really sucks. I feel awful after reading this. I'm so sorry this happened. I hope the guy that stole your collection gets hit by a bus.

Did you have insurance on any of your collectibles? If you didn't have a specific policy covering your collection, contact your home owners insurance provider, and see if they provide any coverage.

I'm not real familiar with your collection. How many of your cards are graded? Make up a list of your graded cards, and their serial numbers. From that list, as has been suggested, contact local pawnshops and dealers with pictures you might have. Watch Ebay, auction houses, Craig's List, etc. If you see any of you cards (ones with matched serial #s), contact whomever is hosting the auction/sale, and let them know that your stolen property is listed. You might be asked to provide proof. Once that's done, you shouldn't have any difficulty getting the info for the person selling your cards. Then, you can get the local authorities involved.

If you provide any info you have about your cards, post it here. I for one will keep my eyes peeled, and if I see anything of yours, I'll let you know what I saw, and where I saw it.

This idiot is going to make a mistake.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 05-15-2014 at 04:11 AM.