View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 12:46 PM
Rob

VERY happy to add this to my collection! Bocca of course saw it, too, and he was gracious enough to let me go for it. It was a long seven days waiting for the auction to end. I increased my max bid four times! It was another long nine days waiting for it to arrive, because the USPS decided to send it on a U.S. tour. When I first saw this pennant, I thought "oh, someone replaced the 1962 team picture with a Falstaff postcard." Then, it dawned on me that this pennant is always black. Bocca searched Worthpoint and could not find another orange example. I know of another Giants collector who saw the pennant, but the Falstaff pic is what he saw and the color variation didn't "compute." I am actually glad JR just lists stuff as he finds it and doesn't bother with an iron, etc. Is this cloth (see blurry picture of the frayed thread)? Another odd thing is how the spine thread is black on the front and tan on the back. Even after picking off the remnants of the old spine, I'm not sure how this stitching is done. The replaced spine is temporary...it's in two pieces, as I didn't have enough black felt on hand. Anyway, happy to have this...it's been awhile since I've found a new Giants pennant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1691.jpg (205.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1692.jpg (196.3 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1693.jpg (191.7 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1694.jpg (185.3 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1695.jpg (210.4 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1696.jpg (198.5 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2785.jpg (151.5 KB, 123 views)