View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 02:41 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand1com View Post
Very nice card.

The autograph looks OK to me but the "H" is definitely strange with the tail when forming the "H". I have never seen one like that.

You mentioned you did not want a JSA sticker on the card. I don't blame you for that but you can get a pictured certificate for a little more money and they will put the sticker on the LOA if you specify that when you submit the card.

Getting it authenticated makes sense for value purposes whether you ever sell it or not. It will protect your heirs if they decide to sell it some day.

I think it will pass.

Beckett is another option if you want it encapsulated since JSA does not do that.

The authentication fee for Aaron is reasonable.

Thanks for showing the autograph in question.
This was an option but at the time I didn’t want to pay the extra, whatever $$ JSA was asking for the full LOA service. Again, this was a several years ago, costs on everything were far lower, thus an extra $50 (or whatever) seemed like a lot. I remember feeling super proud to get the card + auto for a few hundred less than they were selling for the time. Funny now, given 2 figures seems like a dime relative to anything today.

The main reason I then tried to have PSA holder it was A) they were grading at a show I attended, and B) I wanted the joint card grade + authentication service. I thought those looked slick and remember there also being a loophole where getting the card graded/sig authenticated were only as much as grading only would’ve been (or something like that). The card itself had been an under-graded SGC40 (at least by last decade’s standards), and I thought it would be nice to have a 4 or 5 signed and holdered.

Anyway, I appreciate the comments about the Aaron, though it was not in question and I have no plans for it. I know it’s genuine and happily lives in a top loader. I only brought it up as an example of a long past issue I’d had with the TPA process.