View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Mike

Default Similarly ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Forgive me for going slightly off-topic as my example isn't card-related. It's just so dumb and funny I had to share:

My wife is a crafter. She ordered a jar of some glue from Amazon. Jar was maybe 4" in diameter and 4" tall. Amazon shipped it in a box 18" long on all sides - with no padding or protection whatsoever. The jar, of course, was damaged and glue got all over the inside of the box. I contacted Amazon and the ASKED ME TO SHIP IT BACK. I said I didn't think the USPS would appreciate me shipping a box of glue like that (duh). They agreed and said they'd ship another. And they did.

Exactly the same way as the first. Exactly the same damage.

So they sent a third.

Exactly the same way as the first. By some miracle, it arrived in one piece.

I just thought that was funny. I've had unbreakable stuff shipped by them with tons of protection but a breakable jar of glue? Who needs padding for that?
We had a similar experience with a twist ... a few years ago we ordered 1 bag of some special potting mix or perlite (don't recall). Got a message saying it was on back order and expected to be available in about 10 days ... next day UPS shows up with the bag. Day after that he shows up ... with the bag. He was laughing each time I saw him over the next 8 days when he showed up with the bag, which finally went off availability hold.

Unlike your glue, Amazon didn't want any of them shipped back, so we got more of the stuff than we really need. Too bad it wasn't something more generally useful for others around us, but folks attending the annual city-wide yard sale were OK with it.

--
Mike