View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 07:50 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles93 View Post
People who don’t know anything about wildlife conservation and hunting and how they go together, are usually the people who cry about killing animals.
Yes.

Here in Minnesota we have tens of thousands of cute deer with their cute Bambi babies, and when the DNR decides that there are too many that are eating crops and getting hit by cars, they encourage hunters to go into the woods and farms and thin the herd. Not because they hate the animals, and not because they enjoy inflicting death and misery.

I would never hunt. I wouldn't even shoot a squirrel. But when I see what happens when human lives are lost in automobile-deer accidents, I am glad there are people who do keep the deer population manageable.

I've hit several deer myself over the years. They are really stupid animals. You can be driving towards them, they are along the side of the road looking right at you, and at the last moment they will run in front of you. In fact the last deer I hit actually hit me - it ran into the front driver side tire well, causing damage to the car and probably leaving the deer with damage too.

I could never be a hunter but I am glad some can.