View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 09:00 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
We have, and clearly it's something I can't quite get off of my mind. Here lately I will tell you I have been way more interested in early 70's stars and RC's for some reason than anything else. I guess all collecting could be thought of as changing seasons, or at least for some people. From last year back at least probably 5-7 years I didn't care much at all about 70's cards and didn't have anything noteable in my collection. Weird.
If you remember about a month and a half ago or so, you and I talked about 70s baseball cards because I was starting to get interested in them. Ultimately, I opted for some 50s Dodgers star cards and then 50s and 60s football. However, I won't rule out eventually building some 70s sets...although the enormous # of cards in those sets is a bit of a turn off. So I get what you are saying.

I used to worry about my collection having focus, now I don't. If I get on a 50s and 60s football kick like I have been off and on for the last three years, that's what I do. If I get to wanting more 50s baseball, that's what I do. If I get to liking 50s Brooklyn HOFers, I buy some and enjoy them. I recently finished off a nice little 1954 Topps baseball set and might someday build 1955. I think those black 71s are beautiful, and if my OCD allows me to, I might chase that set someday. I will probably never buy another tobacco card again because I just don't want them personally, and I tried liking them a few tines... I just didn't relate to them. You have some good cards and some good ideas, and you like baseball cards. Buy the ones you like. You won't go wrong, my friend!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 02-01-2019 at 09:03 PM.