View Single Post
Old 04-15-2023, 05:33 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
Hmm.. those are all good pieces of evidence and I want to believe. Being located in the garment business district may be the most convincing evidence to me that Epstein was a maker. I'm not so sure about the rabbits feet being evidence against Worton being a maker. The stuff people found for Epstein indicates that they sold other things too (e.g., feathers, "favors"), and I seem to recall that Keezer and ASCO made/sold many types of items. Especially buttons, which makes me think they also sold all of the types of things that came with the buttons (ribbons, charms, etc). I also did not recall anyone posting a catalog from Epstein.

I also don't have especially strong feelings about this one way or another (i.e., it does not matter to me if Worton is a maker or not). Just find it fun to have the discussions.
This won’t settle it, but it is worth noting that the “wide scroll” pennants like that on the Yankees above and also the Cindarella Boys Giants were also made for the Dodgers and all three were 1950-51. Don’t know if any other team has it. So that suggests a NYC manufacturer. But the flip side is, I don’t think all of the “Worton” pennants were made by the same maker, either. There are some very different styles with the same label.