View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Ke.n K0hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Stone View Post
With some things I collect ( travel decals,for example) it is impossible to complete a set but here I can start on a T210 set and have a reasonable likelihood of being able to complete it, in time. I always enjoy the contests and having just won a Delong I am starting today to research that series which gives me great pleasure and I know I can turn to this Board for help. I don't like the harshness that sometimes surfaces on this site but for fun and information it can't be beat. Thanks Leon for holding it together.
Delong is one of my favorite sets. Among the most innovative of designs IMO.

What of like about this forum? Three things stick out for me. First, there are several members I've met up with at card shows whose company I enjoy greatly. Turns the National, Philly, etc. into wonderful social occasions. I believe that any hobby worth its salt should lead to rewarding personal relationships. Second, I've become almost exclusively a prewar collector. My discovery and awareness of much of what I collect came from my participation in this forum. Third, it keeps my Seinfeld knowledge and recall fresh.