View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Scott, thanks for posting about this as I meant to right after the auction ended. I'll piggy back on your experience with one of my own...

I called Rob right after his last auction, didn't get him on the phone right away and declined to leave a voice mail as I just figured I'd call him back some other time. It was a Friday night and a bit after 7pm, so I didn't really expect him to be there.

Less than 10 minutes later, he calls me back and greets me with a very cheery "Hey Brian!!" and proceeded to chat with me for at least 20 minutes even though he had to have been swamped. I was really impressed that not only did he remember who I was, he knew my number, what I had won and could easily recall items that I had won from him in the past. I could tell he was really enthused about the group of cards I had won and was going to do everything in his power about getting them to me safely and as soon as possible.

Also, he struck me as extremely dedicated - when I spoke with him it was Memorial day weekend and he was planning on spending the entire weekend getting cards ready to ship, sending out invoices, processing payments and so on.

Fun conversation for sure and it certainly was a pleasure chatting with him. He also mentioned an upcoming auction in the fall sometime. I'll certainly look forward to that and I think it will be a great thing for them and really interesting for us to see them expanding beyond their annual auction and hosting a second auction this year.

Last edited by shammus; 06-11-2013 at 08:49 PM.