View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Default Third September Pick Up Thread

Posted By: jay behrens

It's was a group of 50 Honest Long Cut packs. I was just lucky enough to be allowed to open some packs. I didn't own the packs, but I was then allowed buy what was left over after the owner kept what he wanted. Eddie Collins was the biggest name HOFer I remember. I was really hoping for a Matty and Johnson to show up as the owner didn't want them so I would have gotten them.

The cards came out pretty clean. I forget exact numbers, but about 5 had stains from the tobacco bleeding thru the cig and then card. At least half the cards had noticeable chips, almost exclusively on the corners, but usually only one corner.

During this time frame around 1982, I saw packs opened with t205s and t206s. Being relatively new in the hobby, I just thought this was fairly common occurrence. I didn't see another pack opened with card, a Peidmont pack with a t206, at the 1988 San Fran Labor Day show. I saw two more packs opened after that, one had a t206, the other had a Flags of the World card.

Jay

The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.