View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 07:41 AM

Default JimStinson

I sold the Webbo Clarke and the Wenc Gonzales at around the same time and really blew it on pricing. I offered them in one of my e-mail updates a long time ago and priced them at (I think) $350.00 each. They sold in about 10 seconds and must have recieved another 50 calls. I can't remember who bought them today, but at that time for almost a year I had several collectors asking me to relay messages to the owner/owners and to my knowledge he/they never would sell them.
I'll try and find some of Ralph's examples and post them here in the next day or two. On a related note there was in the collection a Hank Aaron GPC that was postmarked BEFORE his first major league at bat and had a long handwritten note. I sold it and the fellow that bought it showed it to Aaron at a card show and Aaron said "I never signed that", So I refunded the purchase. A few years back some early Hank Aaron pre major league handwritten letters were offered at auction and sold for ALOT of money , If I recall a couple of them brought in the 20K range. I went back to look at Ralph's the one Aaron said was "never signed by him" and the handwritting was a dead on match to the handwritting on the letters (smile), I still have it around here somewhere I'll post an image soon as I can find it