View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 12:19 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

I don't know what to say about this, so I'll just point out the facts as shown in the ad. The 5x Super Bowl championship football player Tom Brady is doing a private autograph signing. The lowest price for his autograph when purchased via this event is $599 for a trading card. If you want him to sign a flat item 11x14 or smaller, it will cost you $949. NINE HUNDRED and forty-nine dollars. Prices get even higher for other categories of items.

Here's where it gets interesting, and particularly relevant for the purposes of this thread. Pre-determined inscriptions are $299 or $399, depending on which one you want. If you want your own custom inscription, or if you want the item made out to you or someone else, it's $499 for up to 20 characters (that breaks down to $24.95 per letter, if you get the full 20 characters; if I were to order a personalization made out to me, "To Gary," it would be $71.29 per letter, presuming spaces don't count as a character). These prices are IN ADDITION to the autograph.

Tom Brady won't sign items that have already been signed by others, and he won't sign Roman numerals (so, for example, you can get "SB 51 MVP" for $299 extra, but you can't get "SB LI MVP" for any amount of money).

If you can afford these prices, and you want to be there to see him sign your item, you're out of luck. It says quite clearly in the yellow starburst in the lower right corner, in all caps, PUBLIC CANNOT ATTEND.

Comment as you see fit.