View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 02:16 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, you shouldn’t take things so literally. Obviously PWCC has consignors that aren’t on this board. My bigger point is that there are a ton of guys on here that use PWCC, but won’t recommend it aloud for some reason. I found it interesting that a company that does so much volume, and is such a big player in the market would only get one mention. Maybe it was just me who thought that PWCC was a pretty easy choice for someone in his position. Or maybe I’m the only one who voiced it. I don’t know, but I’m not really sure what your problem is with my comment.
Orlando, I don't have an issue with PWCC as a company, however, the reason I would not recommend PWCC in this situation is that the collection as a whole is not made up of higher end, $100+ cards. In this case, the OP will need to know what cards to send to PWCC, a knowledge that he does not seem to have. Sending groups of 50's and 60's commons or semi-stars to PWCC generally isn't practical unless they are coming back 8's, 9's and 10's, and even then, it may not be worth it. In this case, the OP really needs someone to sit down with him and walk him through what he has and the best way to split it up. I doubt PWCC is going to take the time to do that with the whole collection. In addition, if you take the keys of the collection out, I'd imagine very few auction houses would want to deal with just raw partial sets from the 50's and 60's so you'll lose their interest as well.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers