View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 12:37 PM
Bruce Fairchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Thanks Bruce! I don't know if any of you have had a jersey framed before but that's a process best left to a professional with years of experience. I saw some of the framing process for my Barkley and it is was real interesting. Jersey has a stiff template that was cut to size and inserted inside the jersey that keeps it real flat and stops the front logos from showing through. Then the jersey is stitched through the small holes in the jersey through to the black background. Same process for the plaque, but the plaque also has two screws in the bottom that don't go through the jersey. Frame is a shadowbox, my framer cut six layers of black foam core to put under the matting to raise it up. Took almost two months to get it back from him!
Jeff
I've only framed one jersey, about 12 yrs ago. It was a Nolan Ryan jersey that a friend had but had damaged the frame. It turned out nice. It was a shallow shadow box.