View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Default STORY & PHOTOS OF 2008 NATIONAL ON SPORTSANTIQUES.COM

Posted By: CarltonHendricks

http://sportsantiques.com/08natstorypg1.htm
Dear Friends,
Please know my written coverage of the 2008 National Sports Collectors Convention is now available to read, see link above. Im not quite finished with the design, but the main body of text is finished. The convention was held last summer in Rosemont Illinois near Chicago, July 31 to Sunday August 3. This my 6th National coverage, is the largest Ive produced, encompassing 16,090 words and more than 600 photos. Last years story for the 07 National was 10,898 words.

Ive been preparing the story 5 months. Naturally I could finish it faster if I reported just the bare facts. But providing a comprehensive look at everything I saw, plus my pre-convention wanderings, plus executing the graphic layout so it all looks snazzy, takes more time. 5 months worth if I lead a normal un-sequestered life. As well as the 4 pages of the main story, Ive prepared an additional 15 sub photo pages, each featuring a given dealers items. Theres also a sub photo page of the Net54 Baseball Memorabilia Forum dinner held during the National. Plus this year Ive included a finale bonus; the football collection of Dave Perry who lives near Chicago.

Enjoy the show. Id like to read your feedback, so feel free to email them to comments@sportsantiques.com, or post here.
-Carlton