View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Pacquiao should retire. He has nothing left to try to prove. He's the 2nd best boxer and most exciting fighter of his generation and a sure 1st ballot HOFer. His legacy can only get tarnished from here. I don't want to see him go on a Greedy Bastard Tour fighting tomato cans and I certainly don't want to see another Mayweather bout. All he can get now is disappoint his fans or get hurt. Better to hang them up and go out with his brain uninjured and his dignity intact.

Mayweather, I have no further interest in watching another of his fights. I had not watched one live in years and bought this one only because I hoped Pacquiao would expose him. He's a Bernard Hopkins type in the ring: profound defensive skills and ability, dirty tactics, just terrible to watch. Hopkins at least has a decent public persona, ironic since he was the stone gangsta who did hard time for armed robbery while Mayweather is a dick in public but is just a gym rat. Out of the ring he is a caricature of an ignorant, spoiled, entitled jock. The next time I will pay attention to him is when he gets elected to the HOF, which also should be a first-ballot election, makes the news going broke, or is busted again for punching out another woman.

As for the fight itself, now that it is emerging that Pacman tore his rotator cuff in training, I am not happy. I think Roach and he more or less said "screw it". I don't think the outcome would have been different if he'd been 100% but it would have been a heck of a lot more entertaining.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-05-2015 at 10:26 AM.