View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 07:27 PM
Scott ku.rtis

Some nice people:

Alvaro Espinosa's wife. I met her at a Yankees game when I was like 10, and she said if I gave her my Don Mattingly card, she'd get it autographed. She sent one in the mail to me, autographed. Now that I think about it, maybe I should have it authenticated to see if she was who she said she was! ha.

When we were like 6 years old, I had a friend who's dad played for the Dodgers. He always thought Steve Welch was the nicest guy on the team to him.

Andre Dawson -- met him in an elevator at a Cubs-Mets series in NYC when i was like 10. I had an 8.5 x 11 ready for him to sign, but it was in my room. He told me he'd get me later, but I begged him, and he gave me his room number and signed my photo which I hung on my wall my entire childhood.

Lenny Dykstra: I still don't have his autograph, but EFF him and his gold Mercedes. Never has a man been so beloved by the fans but been such a selfish unlikable guy to his public. I don't think I ever saw him sign an autograph in Clearwater during spring training. EVER.