View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 08:35 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Q: What are “Qualifiers” and “No Grades”?
A: A “Qualifier” is a term used when an item meets all of the criteria for a particular grade but may still have one significant flaw. Depending on the severity of the flaw, we may be able to “qualify” the item for a higher grade by identifying this indiscretion on the label, for example: OC – Off Center or PD– Print Defects. You have the option of selecting “No Qualifiers” on the submission form; however, please keep in mind the card grade will be lowered depending on the severity. Moreover, there are certain qualifiers that PSA will not remove such as MK –marked and MC – miscut, for example.

The “No Grade” term is used when an item cannot be graded by PSA for a variety of reasons. For example, PSA will not grade items that bear evidence of trimming (N1), restoration (N2), recoloration (N3), questionable authenticity (N4), altered stock (N5) or cleaning (N7). In the event that PSA rejects an item for any of these reasons, it will be returned and the grading fees are still charged, as the determination to reject a card requires an expert review by PSA's authenticators and graders. PSA will also not grade items that do not meet the minimum size requirement (N6), were miscut by the manufacturer (N8), or items we do not grade due to being an obscure issue or not fitting in our holders (N9). Items that receive N6, N8 or N9 results will not be charged the grading fee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTheBetter View Post
PSA never removes the OC qualifier from their grade.

Yes you can get a no-grade, but they will never downgrade an 8 or 9 card
due to centering, removing the OC. To do otherwise is fraudulent.

They have never done this and never will. A card's attributes cannot
be changed. It is what it is. And the submitter has no say in this.

If you want your 8-OC to become a 7, then I suggest that you crack
it out, damage a few corners, and resubmit.
What I posted above is right out of their site. I bolded and tilted it specifically to emphasis that for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
You most certainly can request no qualifiers. This has been an option since 1993 or 1994 shortly after they started. that would make a 9 oc worse then an 8 though. Its generally two lower some more very few times less. I also agree that i think the first two just make it. the third one looks like they missed the oc qualifier on data submission. like stated mc and mk qualifiers can not be opted out of.
I wasn't a 100% sure how long that had been an option but I did know it had been around for a while.