View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
It's easy, imo, for some who have been in the hobby of collecting for years and years and maybe even before we had these TPA's, to recognize/know the things that have been said in this thread, but I also know there are many every year that join or rejoin the hobby, like me, who don't know all these things.
If these TPA companies weren't so forthright with their claims and logos and put a disclaimer right on the front page stating their grading analysis are only an "opinion", then maybe that would help newbies somewhat to get 2nd and 3rd opinions, but, like I have been saying, when these claims are implied that they are the experts, world leaders, etc, then why would anybody do that?
Look on Ebay, Auctions, etc, and what do people see? They see all 3 of the big TPA's flips so why would they not trust them and think their opinions are the best and legit?
I have been the hobby since I was 8 in 1985 prior to the TPGs so I have around 30 years experience in the hobby, I sure would hope that helps me make decisions opposed to be here for a year or so. But the premise is the same whether you started in '85 or 2015, learn as much as possible.

I thought all businesses thought they were 'the best', Ive seen it advertised that way all over the world. A business can make any claim like that and an awful lot do...that doesn't make it so though.

As a RN I feel I have seen change a lot in the medical field, its amazing how many patients have no idea what their diagnosis are and they expectations that we just take care of it. Its a very passive approach in my opinion that gives you a scapegoat any time something went wrong. I will preach educate yourself until my last breath, you are just shorting yourself if you don't.