View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
The problem is that newspapers and TV eat that stuff up and then use it to bash the hobby over the head, but when THEY do it they don;t seperate the good guys from the bad guys. I've been a dealer for 30 years and I've met far more good people in this hobby/business than bad ones. But try doing a story about that ! Their readers would be sleeping by the 2nd paragraph.

Newspapers never write about relaxing sunny days they write about HURRICANES & s***t Storms because thats what sells papers
I agree that the tone of the article makes all the difference in the world. The Tampa Bay Times (formerly the St.Pete Times) has a top-notch investigative division who are like bulldogs. I'm sure there are others around the country who would enjoy the chance to take a chunk off this very meaty bone. Unfortunately, the majority of people get their news from TV now, so they are a somewhat of a necessary evil. But wouldn't it be better to have to 'prove' your trustworthiness than be tarnished by association? Isn't that occuring now? Everything looks better in the sunshine. Right now it is a bunch of well-meaning netizens preaching to the choir.