Thread: March Pickups
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 03:32 PM
C@rl P@rk

Default Right on

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
I like the rookie cards, Carl.

I started buying up that kind of stuff a couple of years ago since that is what I collected as a kid growing up in the '80's. Unfortunately, while it was a lot of fun while I was buying the rookies in the dime and quarter boxes at card shows, when it came time to sell some to recoup some of my money, I saw the darker side of "investing" in those rookie cards. I quickly found out that nobody really cares about the stars of yesterday unless they are in the HOF. Everything else is literally "a dollar a dozen", pretty much. I don't mean to put a damper on things for you, just don't want you to go down the same road as me and potentially "waste" a lot of money. It's easy to get addicted quite quickly collecting that kind of stuff because you can pick it up so cheap compared to "book price".
Thanks Phil! I appreciate the insight. These particular cards are mostly for fun but it's kind of a shame that players who were merely very good aren't really sought after, but that does keep the prices low. I like having my HOF box and then my fun box of rookies I would have been blown away by when I was a kid.