View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 07:19 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE......Possible sources of the T206 Wagner cards (Re-visited)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * T206 REFERENCE.......Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

My 3rd experience, which factors into forming my Wagner card theory occurred in 1982. I was set-up at a BB card Show at a Mall in Media, PA. Across from my table was
a Hobby Shop. I was curious as to what kind of goodies they were selling. Boy, I was in for a real surprise. Displayed on the wall of the shop as you entered were 5 uncut
BOWMAN sheets. I asked the Mgr. if they were for sale and what was the price ? The Mgr. replied that a former employee of Zabel Bros. Printers (BOWMAN's printer) had
brought the BB card sheets into the shop just day before, and he would have to do some homework. The following day he came over to my table, looked over my display
of cards and asked me if I would be interested in a cash/trade deal ? I said it sounds good to me. I had a Mantle (1951) rookie which he wanted and 1950's Phillies cards.
So, he got the Mantle and the Phillies cards and some $$, and I took all 5 sheets.

Stay tuned for more info.

I thought you may like to see these sheets (I sold the 1953 BOWMAN sheet, so here are the other four)......

Large card version

TED Z