Thread: My last Mantle
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Chris

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a really fun challenge putting it together and chatting/trading with so many great people along the way. For those that asked, I don't have my collection stored online anywhere that is publicly available but have included a group shot from several years back along with pictures of some of my favorites below.

The 425 includes basically every card of him that was issued on more than a test basis (Topps Plaks, discs, Dice Game, Punchouts; Yoo Hoo) with the exception of a few variations (the Dad's Cookies Exhibits, one of the Pittsburgh Exhibits, the two postcard back Exhibits, one of the 52 Topps, the 59 Venezuelan cream back), and a few of the rarer ones I either could not find or could not afford (Briggs Meats; 54 Stahl Meyer; OPC Portrait Tattoo; Yamakatsu; American Oil Portrait; Rawlings; Mascot Dog Food), and a few of the non-cards (Tip Top Bread; Star Cal Decals; Meadowgold Dairy; Rawlings Glove Box). I think there are less than 30 potential additional items I could add if funds were unlimited and the 1/1 were on the market. But, I had to set an attainable goal and a finite stopping point.

As for next steps, I think I am done with cards for a while. I have a couple of game used pieces I'd like to pick up when the pop up, but most of my funds/free time will likely be spent working on improving my home or hanging out with my son. When he gets older, I'd love to get him involved in the hobby though (he has 1 1967 Topps Yankees card, which is probably more than he needs at ten months old).

Thanks again and look forward to following everyone's progress on their own sets/collections!

Chris