View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Wow a nice collection indeed. Those Micks look nice indeed. I saw a Clemente & hanks in there. And those Exhibits are nice. There a collector here thats a guru on those.
You may wanna try and get some rigid card savers..they reccommend Card Saver 1's, when you send to grade them or perhaps send them to a AH and let them send the good ones for grading?? Not sure who or if any of them do that tho.
Thanks for the feedback, I ordered some top loaders but if Card Saver 1's are better I will get those instead. There is a show in Chicago in a weekend or 2 that will have the graders on site so I was hoping to learn more about the process and see about picking out 10 or 20 cards that members thought were worth grading and taking them to the show with my dad. I'm assuming we should use PSA to grade them? Depending on how they grade that gives me a better idea of what the rest of the collection will grade as they are all in great shape except for the aforementioned gum stains and printing issues and rough cut edges on some of the cards.

There are also many boxes of cards that aren't in the photos that I honestly don't know enough about to sort through. I mainly had my dad look through and pull the cards of players he remembered being famous back in the day and except for the big names like Maris and Mantle I have no idea who any of these players are.

Last edited by capricesquad; 11-09-2015 at 04:18 PM.