View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 11:29 AM

The dynamics on error cards is very odd

The best I can say is the sooner in the hobby it was found the more value and “respect” it gets

I have been a huge error nut for the last 6 years and for a new find this mantle checks all the boxes(if it was found 40 years ago it would be one of the biggest cards in the hobby)

Alan I talk about it all over Facebook to get new people interested me and you own them plus 3 other known guys, the 3 other guys who own them paid 4x 5x what a normal one is worth and there’s about 30 other mantle nuts who badly want one that don’t own one….think of how long it will take for 30 of them to get one probably 15 years at this pace….I’m also gonna throw as much money as I can at it when it comes to this card I have more money than brains🤣🤣.

It’s interesting to me that there is way more demand for it from guys who do mantle runs that include every mantle vs the tiny market of guys who collect errors like us

It’s probably the same population wise as 1958 pancho herrer-a but it’s on the most popular card in the hobby

As far as for hobby recognition I think within 10 years Psa will recognize it after years of high sales on eBay that will eventually be too much to deny how special it is