View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
I my lifetime as a collector, I have been called by people from my ads telling me they had this team ball etc thinking they were an autopraphed ball. Many of you have had the same thing. No special markings, no notice that they were fake. They were stadium balls.

We can't police everything, people have to become knowledgeable about what they are buying
If I had a nickel for every stadium ball I have looked at that was supposed to be "real." .
The best stadium ball story I have had the non pleasure of experiencing - I get a call from a guy with a 1970's Munson era Yankee ball. "I was in the dugout and got this ball signed." He pays me a visit bringing his two teenage boys with him. I meet him in my apt. bldg. lobby. He pulls out a stadium ball and I immediately tell him what he has. He goes into this angry screaming rant, right in front of his two kids, "this ball was signed for me, blah, blah, blah." I tell him, "maybe you got a ball signed for you,but not this one." I just turned around and walked away and heard him mumbling to his sons.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-21-2012 at 09:38 AM.