View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Ian H@ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Sounds like a cool collection and some nice goals for the year. I'm an O's fan as well and mainly collect Brooks Robinson even though I love all the other O's you've listed. Palmer was a great pitcher and will make for a good #1 goal. Would enjoy seeing some of your collection.

So Furio seems out of place even though a great player. Why the collection of his?
You're right, Furillo is out of place!

We moved to Reading, PA a few years ago. About the same time, I got the bug to collect cards again. I had always collected 1963 and newer stuff. I wanted to focus on player sets and key rookies. I also wanted to collect a player from the 50s. I've always loved the stories from that time. However, at my current point in life (30, with kids), most of the big guns of that time, Mantle, Berra, Mays, Jackie, etc would be tough with my current budget.

Then I found out Furillo was from a small town near Reading. I started learning about the type of player he was. Outstanding regular that was overshadowed by the stars and story lines of those great Brooklyn teams.

A few of his cards have become some of my favorites in my collections, even if they aren't the most valuable.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, here's link to my sets. As much as I can I try to scan everything I have.

http://www.psacard.com/psasetregistr...othersets/2454

(p.s. Check out the Frank Robinson rookie. That's the newest addition and one of my 2016 highlights!!)