View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 08:56 AM
Mikeknapp

Reviving an old thread for purely self serving reasons. Ben's recent 1934 Tour of Japan thread rekindled my passion for large Japanese baseball related advertising posters. I picked this one up in Prestigecollectibles' most recent auction. Why can't I seem to remain focused in my collecting efforts?? Nonetheless I can't wait to receive it and get it framed.

I can't read it but the auction description is as follows. "This poster was an advertisement for a film about the 1959 Japan Series between the Yomiuri Giants and Nankai Hawks, in which the Hawks completed a four game sweep. An image of the Series' MVP, Tadashi Sugiura, appears on the poster, along Mr. Giants, Shigeo Nagashima, who was Sugiura's teammate at Rikkio University. The two players had each been named Rookie of the Year for 1958 in their respective leagues, so the Series was billed as a matchup of these two future Hall of Fame members. The color movie was filmed in Premier Scope and was produced by the Premier Film Company. It is thought that this movie was a contemporary newsreel or documentary".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg item_4191_1.jpg (78.3 KB, 202 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)