View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Default Displaying cards--fading concerns?

Posted By: William Brumbach

I work in a mail-order pharmacy and in one area we have automated counting machines. Each "cell" that has drug to be automatically counted has a pair of sample pills on the outside as part of the verification. Many of the pills will become faded over a relatively short period of time, 1-2 years. It is a climate controlled room with flourescent lights doing this, so I can only imagine the impact of ultraviolet rays from the sun.

On a separate note regarding displaying of cards, I am progressively leaning towards not doing that. I am at a point where I do not want people that I know to know that I collect anything anymore and play dumb most of the time with people that do know. I am tired of answering questions about the most expensive cards I have, how many cards I have, if I have any Babe Ruth's or that Honus Wagner card, or who is that guy and why is he so expensive. No matter what I am collecting, I am inevitably get stuck with having to discuss with 8-year-olds about Barry Bonds and Ryan Howard. And stories about stuff getting stolen like the gentleman in Chicago recently only reenforce this paranoia.