View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 09:40 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Makes no sense? How else do you explain the disparity between the Red Cobb and the Green Cobb other than one looks nicer than the other? How else do you explain the disparity between action poses and portraits other than the portraits are nicer looking cards? Why does the E-90 Cy Young card sell for so much money? You don't think it has anything to do with the image on the card?

My point is that aesthetics could be playing a larger role in collecting today whereas rarity or types could have been the motivating force behind past sales. I don't care about rarity anymore. I want NICE cards. I'm sure I'm not alone.
I absolutely agree about image. I'm just saying it can't, to me, explain price increases because the same cards always have been nice. What made no sense to me was your thesis that this was somehow a recent discovery.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-18-2019 at 09:41 AM.