View Single Post
Old 03-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Default Why would I trust this seller...

Posted By: Marc S. 

As a general rule, if I see a seller guilty of past questionable practices, why should I trust him with anything else, if ever?

In particular, the seller is the apparent mastermind behind the "Nodgrass" T-206 scandal that seems to have found its way into PSA (and, I believe to a lesser extent) SGC holders. Now the card he has is a simple high-grade 1956 Topps team card:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1811781566

(Apologies -- the card is not a true vintage card, but since this seller has affected the vintage market, I felt it was okay to post here...)

This seller has occassionally had high-grade 1950s PSA 9 and PSA 10 cards over the past few years -- many of which has gone into collections of others I know.

Now, the card looks fine, but there is a large level of concern for me. This seller has obviously been able to perpetrate other alterations at a professional-enough level that it has consistently gotten past the card graders (well -- consistently is debatable, as we do not know how many times the cards may have been rejected -- but I imagine that if he was red-flagged once, it would be hard to get the cards through after that...)

So, I am left as to why I would trust this seller?