View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 06:26 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It's interesting to me how in hockey, and to some extent basketball, they can see a 13 year old kid and pretty accurately predict superstardom, but in baseball even by the time guys are in college or the minors it's still a crapshoot if a top prospect is going to make it.
Hockey is easy, imo, as most of these phenoms stand out, head and shoulders above most kids they are playing with and against starting at a very your age.

I have seen it myself where one kid can just basically skate circles around others, stick handle in a phone booth, and have a far greater sense of what is going on on the ice than even the coaches.

As time goes on where some kids plateau out and become just another player, these kids continue to excel, out skate and out play just like when they were much younger.

Imo, most of today's younger hockey players are far more skilled and talented than what most were just 10 yrs ago.
Granted, today's game is far different, which allows this talent to shine, imo, but what some of these kids can do nowadays has just never been seen before.