View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 12:32 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
114 pitches is quite a bit in today's game. I wouldn't call it a 7 inning rule, but more of the pitch count rule. Yeah he was probably pitching well, but apparently he wasn't very efficient/the opponent made him work. With him being one of the best arms in baseball, and it being the regular season, I would have pulled him, too.

Through 7 innings, for a pitcher to justifiably continue, they should be at no more than 100 pitches. That's just today's game.

Now, the argument can be made that players today pitch too much when their young, and too little as they age. That's why arms get blown out more often in today's game. Not sure we'll ever see that theory tested, but it is an interesting theory.
The NL they do things the opposite sometimes.....they afraid to pull a pitcher when he is at bat with bases loaded with 2 outs in a close ball game in the 5th inning....and he strike out...then in the 6th inning he comes into pitch and gets blasted...what was the purpose...might as well had a relief pitcher come in and had a 27 percent chance at least for a pitch hitter to bat instead of the starting pitcher....happened with jeff hoffman the other day against the marlins...they were afraid to pull this great pitcher in the 5th inning....

anytime i got a 27 percent chance or more to score 2 runs or more in a tie game or down by 2 in the 5th inning or later.....i would take the chance more than the zero times they do it in the NL if the pitch count is still low.. hench they afraid to sit the pitcher..while in the AL they are afraid to keep him out there

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-14-2017 at 12:33 PM.