View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 06:54 PM

Default Anyone see this 1916 Tournament of Roses FB Poster on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123
26.5" x 21.5".
Did anyone see this go off? I saw it day before it closed and sent an excited email enquiring if they guaranteed money back if it wasn't real...along with a slew of detailed questions....never heard a thing back...So I passed...not hearing back is a sign of something...Of course not hearing back is never sufficient because you never really know for sure what went down...and naturally it leaves you uneasy and wondering...could it have been real?...At least I passed with inconclusive evidence...

I saw one once that looked exactly like the one in the listing...that was so real looking I didn't take my friends word it was a repo and got out a magnifying glass..I could see the tears that looked so real to the naked eye were actually photographic, that is the whole poster was a photographic reproduction of one that had tears. It's been a while since I saw it but it seems like the tears in the repro were down lower...but maybe not...what'd I tell ya about uneasy...maybe this maybe that...all they had to do was email me back....

If it was/is real it's worth a ton of dough..if it's a fake it would be worth about $163.49...I have the 1920 and 1918 posters.. the 1918 is trimmed in an odd way...but should still look good once I frame and mat it.