View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 07:13 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
So I was sitting there last night next to a new player on our Sr. Softball team at our game. He had already introduced himself to me as Pat and the scouting report was good. (from our manager). I asked him where he was from, he said San Diego for the last 40 yrs. I asked about where he might have been originally from. He said near Houston. I said me too. He said Clear Lake City. I said me too. He said he went to Clear Lake High and I said me too (for a yr or so as we moved). I said I played in Nasa Area Little League when I lived in Clear Lake. He said me too. He said he had made a Nasa Area Little League team that went all the way to the Texas State Little League Championship. I said me too. I said "Pat Ray?", he said yes, I said Leon Luckey. Holy Crap,. I hadn't seen Pat since 1973 when we stayed a week in Waco, at the Baylor U girls dorms (it was summer), for that championship. Ironically, he was the best batter in the league that year and played center field on the All Star Team. I was the 2nd best batter in the league and played right field in the All Stars. How unbelievable is that? Our softball league is in Richardson TX (barely north of Dallas). What are the chances?
Great story, Leon.

Hard to imagine the odds, 43 yrs later and in a different part of the country.