View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Mike Charron / American Sports Antiquities

Hi Guys,

Not on the boards very often due to time constraints but I am in Baltimore and had a great time so far with my wife and 9 year old daughter. I was at the show when the opening bell sounded, it was like being at the starting line of the Daytona 500. Very fortunate my daughter didn't get trampled !

Anyway as far as pickups we were running through the booths to see what was available so I probably missed a lot but the list so far includes a High end complete set of 1939 R303-B Premiums with a Dimaggio, Foxx & Greenberg that are among the finest I have ever seen in this very condition sensitive issue. Next a Super High Grade 1956 Topps Pin complete set including Stobbs & Diering which is near impossible as well. Some of these I'm sure are among the finest that will ever be graded when I submit them. Next was $3,000.00 worth of 1910 P2 Sweet Caporal Pins and 1932 PR2 Orbit Pins which had a Cobb that has a good shot at a PSA 9, it is certainly an 8. These pins were blazers and I basically cherry picked what was probably an entire set that had not been dragged around the shows yet. This has only happened to me once before about 5 years ago in Chicago The dealer couldn't keep up with me since I was pulling pins out of the plastic sleeves faster than he could add them up. Also I picked up an assorted group which included 1947 Exhibit, 1948 HOF Exhibit & 1961 Wrigley Field Exhibit cards, 2 -1930 Lou Gehrig Cracker Jack Pins, 1934 Babe Ruth Quaker Oats Pin, 1956 Yellow Basepath Stan Musial Pin, Khedival White Border Maurice Sayers (never see a White Border Khedival Boxing Card before), 1914 Polo Grounds Ed Walsh, Rube Marquard-2, Nap Lajoie & Eddie Collins -2, 1911 Tom Barker Game Ed Walsh, T206 Piedmont Tom Jones - St. Louis which is a minimum a PSA 7 with a shot at an 8. Got this from a reputable dealer and is the nicest T206 I have ever seen as far as condition. I typically stay away from these type of items due to alterations but I'm hoping this is a Home Run, it is that nice. Also 4 - 1969 Kahn's Wieners which have great shots at PSA 9's and 8 - 1950 Callahan HOF Blazers including Cy Young, Honus Wagner and a tough Paul Waner variation.

All the above pickups are at the high end range of what you would typically be able to find since obviously these are more difficult. Was a very impressive 4 hours worth of treasure hunting. I will be at the show Thursday, Friday and Saturday as well, which will be much more relaxing. Last night was like a fire drill but really paid off big time.

Hope all of you enjoy the show and our great hobby. Most of these items will be in our American Sports Antiquities auctions in about a month on E-Bay ID - (Morgan118).

Last edited by morgan118; 08-05-2010 at 06:46 AM.