View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Graham View Post
First off let me start by saying that I am Heavydooty on EBAY! Now I know I'm gonna get murdered here but also I am not above taking advice from advanced collectors and if I get scorned, so be it! My thinking was that I thought the card would be worth about 1000.00. But if I would have asked 1000.00 I would have been offered maybe 600-700. The reason for the quick flip is because I found another card I want more and need to sell this one but I'm going to forget that now and just pull it and keep it. However, it is interesting that Shoeless Joe is on a T card and is the center panel. If his name appeared on the flip I think the card would definitely sell for alot more IMO. And I do think the card is undervalued considering JJJ appears on it. Not having his name mentioned on the card just keeps up with the whole mystique of Shoeless Joe. Now I just joined Net54 and I want to be a good member and will definitely take the ripping I'm about to receive. By the way, I find this forum really awesome!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I have never met a single soul on this board who could not at one time or another, be labeled "flipper", so don't let that bother you. The only exception I can think of was Leon in his early collecting days - that guy would not let go of anything.
Moonlight,
I guess I was the one that called you out on flipping, but there really is nothing wrong with flipping. Flipping is what makes businesses run. I have done a fair share of flipping. Once it is your card you are free to do with it as you like. If someone really wants it from you then you get to set the price.

I only pointed it out because the posts showed a psa 6 sold in August of 2010 on ebay for $266. Then you bought a psa5 nearly two weeks ago (a little over a year since the PSA 6) for $623. I would have been impressed if it could triple again within a week.

If you can sell it for the price you have out there I won't be mad at you for flipping, I will be surprised that it worked just adding the Jackson info in there (and a bit jealous).