Thread: Clayton Kershaw
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Forget it, Kevin, his mind is made up, and logic doesn't seem to apply when his mind's made up. He's like a little kid sticking his fingers in his ears, screaming "lalalalalala" 70.9 and 72.0 are the same thing. Never mind that one player played 20% longer. They clearly provided the same value to their teams.

2,000 pounds of dirt is 2,000 pounds of dirt....really? LOL

3.75 more years played is 3.75 more years played, and stating that "Kaat was a reliever the last four years" is irrelevant. When he was a reliever, he obviously got fewer innings per season. That was factored in by averaging innings pitched per 162 team games played.

Murray was an elite player, and was a first ballot Hall of Famer. Kaat was on the ballot for fifteen years, and never even broke 30% of the vote. 75% is required to get into Cooperstown, and Kaat couldn't even get 40% of what was required.

A- 20% longer is inaccurate when measuring pitcher versus hitter

B- you seem to ignore the part where I showed you Eddie Murray was not an elite player (and provided evidence to this FACT)

C- you get snarky about my example of value but don't have an argument against it.

D- you keep ignoring the part where I showed you Kaat is a top 30 pitcher all time and top 22 since the live ball era. why the omission?