View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 05:58 PM

This is a terrible idea, and sellers have no choice in the matter. Oh, wait, they do: I switched all my listings over the $250 threshold to other categories. Anything under $250 will still be listed in the Trading Card Singles category, so I'm sure traffic will still be directed to the $250+ material one way or another. I'm guessing many other sellers already have or will soon follow suit. I'm not playing this game.

An earlier poster mentioned that CSG wouldn't be authenticating anything that was signed, or at least had that word in the title of the listing. All I sell are autographed items, to include cards. They are included as part of this mandatory program. I just had my first experience with it. I printed the shipping label, all set to send to CSG, and really thought long and hard before dropping it off at UPS. Thankfully, I thought better of it and contacted the buyer, who was also previously unaware of this new program. He too wanted nothing to do with it, so we agreed to cancel/refund the sales and I simply relisted in an other category. He paid, and we're back to where we should have been in the first place.

A company that has been in business for a split second gets to handle every $250-750 card, and anything slabbed/$750+ goes to PSA? Not something that sits well with me. I'd love to know how gargantuan the staff of the newer company has to be. I'm thinking not as big as is required. Every single card sold over $250 has to go through this process, and combined shipping of multi-item orders is not allowed. All have to be sent as single items even if part of the same order! Whoever came up with this hairbrained scheme needs to be canned.

How many cards meeting these parameters sell each day on eBay? Each week, month, year? This idea will obviously be put out to pasture once the powers that be realize the silliness of their thinking. Collectible sneakers, these are not.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 06-11-2022 at 06:16 PM.